by Sandra Ford Walston
People Who Exhibit Higher Integral Levels of Courage Consciousness
- They are willing to give themselves permission to claim their courage.
- They distinguish and aptly apply the 12 behaviors of courage found on the Source Wheel diagram.
- They have a fierce resolve to act and to be advocates (BTW, mentors escort associates to the threshold of power; advocates apply action to pull them through).
- They squash status quo and mediocrity.
- They understand a higher level of courage consciousness called “where courage meets grace.”
- They establish higher standards; in other words, they do not focus on the lowest denominator.
- They are conscious of the suffering in their lives portrayed by the false Self (content); hence, they learned to migrate to a higher integral level of courage consciousness that reside in their true Self (context). Most of us continue to reshuffle the content and not see the bigger picture in the context. (What do I mean by “suffering?” Suffering lives in resistance. How much is your soul worth?)
- They are curious rather than complacent.
- They live in acceptance as a matter of free-will rather than resignation.
- They know that when obstacles are surrendered, their true Self prevails.
- They consciously declared a declaration of courageous intention such as using the word to define their life journey.
- They know that the greater the challenge, the greater the courage consciousness is required, such as self-discipline.
- They know that mistakes help one retain humility.
Sandra Ford Walston is known as The Courage Expert and innovator of StuckThinking™. Featured on the speaker circuit as witty, provocative, concrete and insightful, she has sparked positive change in the lives of thousands of leaders each year. She found that there is a direct correlation between your success quotient and your courage quotient.
She is the internationally published author of bestseller COURAGE The Heart and Spirit of Every Woman, the follow-up book The COURAGE Difference at Work: A Unique Success Guide for Women and FACE IT! All three books are on based on over 20 years of original courage research. She is certified in the Enneagram and MBTI® and she is a certified Newfield Network coach. Please visit www.sandrawalston.com.
Watch this YouTube: Courageous Leadership
© Sandra Ford Walston, The Courage Expert
All Rights Reserved